This is a really great, very quick mid-week supper that can be knocked up in literally 10 minutes. Tinned fish tends to get a bad rep; in most cases this is fair, but you can get really great tinned sardines, and I always have a couple of tins on hand in the cupboard.
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 small Red Chilli
- 200g good Spaghetti or Tagliatelle (De Cecco or similar)
- 1 really good tin of Sardines
- Tomato Purée
- 1 bunch fresh Parsley
- Parmesan/Lemon to serve
- Put the pasta into a saucepan of boiling water, and onto the stove to boil and cook.
- Finely slice the garlic and chilli, and gently fry in olive oil.
- Add the sardines to the garlic and chilli mix, and break them up slightly with a wooden spoon. Then add a good squeeze of tomato purée, season well and cook together for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta and add a little of the water to the sauce to emulsify it, so that it coats the pasta well. Then add the pasta to the sauce.
- Finally, fold in a generous handful of fresh parsley and plate up.
- Top with a bit of shaved parmesan and lemon zest, depending on taste.